turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Update TurboTax Depreciation Schedule from 2017 to 2022

I used TurboTax Premier? to file my 2017 tax return including Schedule E for a rental property and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization. From 2018 through 2021 I filed my tax return using an external CPA. Now in 2022 I want to file my tax return once again using TurboTax Premier or Self-Employed. In 2022 how do I  update my Turbo Tax depreciation schedule from 2017 to 2022? TurboTax Deluxe 2021 would not import my tax return data from the TurboTax 2017 tax return (.PDF). I have PDFs for my 2017 tax return including the 2017 detailed Depreciation and Amortization Report (all records and worksheets).  Thank you for  your  help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

3 Replies

You will ONLY update the depreciation on the 2022 return  by editing each asset in the program and updating the total depreciation taken in the prior tax years.  Follow the program interview screens carefully and add any assets that were not already in the system.  Make sure your PDF has the depreciation worksheets needed for that information.  If you don't have it get it now from the CPA.  

Untitled.png

prior depreciation should be calculated automatically based on the entries you make for each assset or in the interview process you can enter the prior accumulated depreciation

you can not import from Turbotax 2017 or PDFs of other returns into your 2021 return

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies