turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vgurukar

Unable to share screen when agent requests screen share even though I 'accept' the pop-up. What can't I share screen?

Why am I unable to share my screen with an agent even though I 'accept' the request? Also, I get a pop-up with the message "share code with agent" but I don't get a code when I press 'shift enter'
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Unable to share screen when agent requests screen share even though I 'accept' the pop-up. What can't I share screen?

You may have to log out of the program, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in. Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on clearing your cache. See here for instructions on clearing your cookies. You may also try using another browser or using the phone app here if the above does not work. If none of these resolve the issue, contact customer support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

While it's doubtful but still possible, your router and/or switch firewalls could be blocking things on the outgoing side.

ARF77

I have the same issue.

It's not my cache

It's not my browser

It's not my OS

It's not my router

I've tried it all. It suddenly stopped working for me last October. I have literally tried 12 computers and three different networks. Two OS's, and 4 different browsers. All have the same issue. One of the PC's was a brand new computer, literally used for the first time.  I turned off firewalls as well.  I even tried my phone once. Not a single successful attempt.

On TurboTax the Cobrowse button link at the bottom tells me about a code, but there is no actual code displayed.

I suspect the issue is with my account.  Intuit is the only company I am unable to screen share or allow remote access with.  I also lost the ability to view reports on Quickbooks Time which is why I had to cancel the service. No support rep was able to figure out what the issue was, they always blamed my setup, and never attempted to look into my suggestion that something is wrong with my intuit account that is preventing this.

I am going to make a new account to prove this out, wish I thought of this weeks ago.

I ran into this issue as well but was able to resolve it by disabling ad-block and uorigin then reloading the page. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies