turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to file LLC taxes

I am attempting to e-file my taxes for my LLC that has a single rental property. Before I can I need to provide the "total income amount from 2018 return." This amount is supposedly listed on page 1, line 8 of my prior year Form 1065 return. That line, however, is blank. What am I supposed to put? I'm not sure I can leave it blank. Also, I don't know if "total income" refers to the gross rent we pulled in last year, or our net income, which is significantly lower. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Trying to file LLC taxes

@myeoman13 wrote:

Thank you! That is the number I was using but wasn't sure if it was correct.

You are most welcome, but that number does not factor into the total income on Line 8, which is strictly for trade or business income (unless the LLC is a real estate dealer).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Trying to file LLC taxes

@myeoman13 wrote:

I am attempting to e-file my taxes for my LLC that has a single rental property.

Net rental income for your LLC will appear on Line 2 of Schedule K on Form 1065.

Trying to file LLC taxes

Trying to file LLC taxes

@myeoman13 wrote:

You are most welcome, but that number does not factor into the total income on Line 8, which is strictly for trade or business income (unless the LLC is a real estate dealer).

PRWD
Returning Member

Trying to file LLC taxes

I have the same question about blank entry form 1065 p1 Line 8,  but I cannot see your answer. We have the same rental property LLC with no sales of property

Trying to file LLC taxes

Hello, the answer I recieved is: "Net rental income for your LLC will appear on Line 2 of Schedule K on Form 1065." and "that number does not factor into the total income on Line 8, which is strictly for trade or business income (unless the LLC is a real estate dealer)." 

I believe that I used the figure from Line 2 on the Schedule K from the previous year (if filing for 2020 using 2019's figure) when asked for the "total income amount." I filed with Line 8 on Form 1065 blank since my LLC earned no other "business income" besides collecting rent. I am by no means an expert but this is what I did. Hope that helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies