Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csmw
Level 2

try to import from JP Morgan, says to obtain the identification code from the link but the link is NOT available!

Trying to import my 1099 cosolidated forms from JP Morgan, TurboTax 2021 (mac version) requires a "identification code" which it says can be "obtain using link below". I find the sentence "Get Your Identificaiton Code" but it is not a link, nor is there a link on that page. This is definitely a BUG!! please fix ASAP!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

66 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

try to import from JP Morgan, says to obtain the identification code from the link but the link is NOT available!

@csmw

Please sign up for updates on this at the Help Article here for further assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Katwar1

I'm having this issue as well, for J.P. Morgan securities, but on a Mac computer.  The words "Get your identification code" are there, but they are just black type/text like the rest of the paragraph.  Nothing happens when you click on the words.  It appears there is no hyperlink connected to the sentence.  

Just checked, still no updates on it.  

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

This issue is still being investigated; as soon as an update is made available we will let you know. Please ensure that you have signed up for updates through the link that HeatherPLO provided above @Katwar1.

Wushan1961482021
Returning Member

For TurboTax Home & Business 2021 for Mac., when I tried to import J.P.Morgan Security, it asks to click" Get your identification Code" but there is no hypo-link below? There is only one sentence says "Get your identification code" but it is not a hypo-link. When you click it, there is no response. It seems there is a software "bug" here. Please fix it asap and respond to me.

Thanks!

Steve

Wushan1961482021
Returning Member

I have the same issue and hopefully, the bug will be fixed soon!

NW23
Level 2

Has anyone figured out how to fix this or a workaround -  manually importing is a huge pain and what I was hoping to avoid in purchasing the software.  Even when clicking on chase it says it is not working and I have the latest update- is this only a problem on Mac TT deluxe?

NW23
Level 2

Is there a workaround- since this issue has not been resolved and the link u provided doesn’t work. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

When you click on 'Get your Identification Code' (screenshot), you should be taken to your Chase login page.  Sign In and you should get a page to receive your TurboTax Code (screenshot). 

You can also upload the forms from your computer. 

If your import just won't work, you can Enter a Summary in Lieu of Individual Transactions (2 lines; short-term, long-term).

Sharlene
Returning Member

It's still not working... I have Premier on Mac...  Pls fix asap... As I don't want to manually type..  Thank you!

NW23
Level 2

The link for “get your identification code here” does not work— as reported by other users. It’s simply in black and u cannot click on it. Please fix asap. 

smgliny

I am having the same issue - what is the status of fixing this issue????

NW23
Level 2

The link does not work on Mac - and when u click on chase bank as a work around you get an error message. Will this be fixed? Is this an issue just with certain versions- can we switch and try it on pc? I really don’t want to manually input tons of transactions: ridiculous. 

zxl280

The link does not show there. The sentence is grey.

CalvoLori

Is this issue resolved?  So far I the link to get the ID code is still not functioning and the link to get updates on this issue is expired.

Thank you,

Loraine [PII removed]

[email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies