Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule E

I've had a rental property on schedule E for years. I sold the property at the beginning of 2020. When TT asked about number of days rented and number of days for personal use I entered zero for both. I then made the mistake of checking the box that it was not rented at all for the year. TT deleted the property altogether. I did not realize it was going to delete it.  I attempted to go "back" but the worksheet was gone. Is there anyway to recover it? I am not using the on line version, I have the CD. The only thing I can think of is to delete the tax return and start all over. Any suggestions? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Schedule E

You probably will have to start over. TurboTax CD/Download allows you to go back to the point of your last save. However if you saved and closed your programme after your rental info disappeared, you will probably have to start from scratch.

If you used 2019 TurboTax you can import your data again. Otherwise you can import a 2019 PDF copy of your return.

To start over:

1. Select the return you were working on and hit the DELETE key
  2. Click Start a New Return
  3. Then Start a new Individual tax return
  4. Select your 2019 tax file or import PDF

Can I transfer last year's PDF into the 2020 TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?

Transfer last year's return to 2020 TurboTax for Windows

Schedule E

This time to keep the rental intact simply enter ONE day of rental so you can sell off the assets easily and deduct the carrying costs until the sale.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies