Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problems with my 1099b form

I have my brokerage 2020 statement and I entered the information.  Smart check says there is something wrong.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hapa
Level 2

This is a known issue. Rumor is the fix will be available in the next couple of days.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends on the error and how you entered the information. Does Smart Check give you any specifics on the error? If the error persists, you may wish to contact Turbo Tax Tech Support so they can look at your screen to diagnose the specific issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hapa
Level 2

This is a known issue. Rumor is the fix will be available in the next couple of days.

Hapa
Level 2

Dave, this is a known bug and not a user error. Many people are having the cent rounding issue with 1099B. We have been informed that the devs are aware of this and the issue is being corrected.

How are so many people on here working with their 1099b already. All my broker says is that it will be released before 2/15.

I've been using TurboTax since ~1993. This is a definite software glitch. I imported my broker statements from Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and TurboTax 2020 told me it found 561 errors. This happened a week ago so I redownloaded my Morgan Stanley statement and deleted the old data import. The two appeared identical, and the same 561 error count came up, although it keeps asking me 3 questions about something called "Property 70" I can't find on any of my Morgan Stanley accounts. I try to enter adjusted cost basis and year of purchase for that single investment and it has me repeat it over and over and over again. The entries don't seem to update. This is the only error and it won't move past it. I checked online to see if others were having problems and it sounds as though there may be similar issues. I'm sure the fine folks at TurboTax will figure it out in the next couple of weeks. I have everything else done and don't mind waiting for my refund. I bet I can log in again next week and it will download an update to correct the error. TurboTax, please let us know what you find. Thanks from a long-time customer near Detroit, MI.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Speaker We’re currently working to resolve this issue. If you’d like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Skyfer_88

In the employer stock compensation work calculation Part II and III, it says the number is to large.

The actual number should be summed over 30,000,000. In the Part II and III only can be calculated as 9,999,999. The larger number cannot be calculated and shown in the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies