turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I have 2 house on a single parcel lot in Sheboygan can I rent the other one out

Or will I get fined becasue I took a fha laon on the property.. the mortgage includes 2 single family house on a single lot. Thank you
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I have 2 house on a single parcel lot in Sheboygan can I rent the other one out

nothing in the tax laws prevents you from doing what you intend.  we can't answer the FHA part. 

Carl
Level 15

There are no tax consequences. But there could be issues with the lender. It just depends on your loan agreement.

Typically, a loan taken for the purpose of purchasing a primary residence and/or second home will commonly have provisions that the property be used within the constraints of the loan type. For example, taking out a residential loan for commercial property would be fraudulent.

Typically if you take out a residential loan for a primary residence or second home, the loan terms require the property to be used as such for at least the first 2 years of ownership. Then after that if you move out and convert it to a rental you're not violating the loan agreement.

So overall your question is not a valid tax question. But it is a valid question for the lender. Check your loan agreement documents.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies