Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

eri3

How to report US Savings Bond Series EE interest, without 1099INT Form. Issued 9/1986 and 10/1986. Matured 9/2016 and 10/2016. Not redeemed.

Did you ever get this resolved?   I do not have a FEIN (because I have not yet cashed the savings bond), but it won't let me submit without one.

How to report US Savings Bond Series EE interest, without 1099INT Form. Issued 9/1986 and 10/1986. Matured 9/2016 and 10/2016. Not redeemed.

This answer is not correct.  You must report the interest on Savings Bonds when they mature, even if they have not been cashed. You won't have a 1099 if you haven't cashed them, and Turbotax will not allow you to proceed until you enter an FEIN number from a 1099. Leaving the field blank or entering all zeros does not work to bypass the problem.

Not true. You must report the interest when you cash them OR when they reach maturity, whichever occurs first.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies