Let me know if you need something other than this.
The CRP (certificate of rent paid) data is done separately from your primary MN return, so you won't need to amend.
When you get the CRP, open your MN return, navigate to the Other Forms You May Need screen and select the Property Tax Refund checkbox.
Complete the required information and, if you qualify, you can then print the M1PR in the Print Center and mail that and a copy of the CRP to the address listed at the bottom of the M1PR.
· Log into your TurboTax account
· Click on Taxes, and then click on My Tax Timeline
· Locate your 2017 tax return on that page
· Find "Some things you can do" under your 2017 tax return information
· Choose Add State (you don't actually add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
· Now you can make any changes necessary in your return.
From Critter #2: If you're asking about MN you can skip the TurboTax program and complete it directly online if you qualify ... see this:
You may receive your refund up to 30 days earlier than the dates listed above if you:
· Electronically file your return by July 1, and
· Choose the direct deposit option, and
· Filed Form M1PR for the previous year
To obtain the refund, the taxpayer must have a CRP, Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP), for each rental unit lived in during the year. The taxpayer's landlord is required to deliver a completed CRP to the taxpayer no later than January 31st of each year.
You will need the CRP to determine your refund, if any, and you must include what is called a Form M1PR with the CRP when it is filed. These forms have to be printed and mailed in to:
Minnesota Property Tax Refund
St. Paul, MN 55145-0020
TurboTax will prepare the Form M1PR for you to print. Towards the end of the step-by-step interview for Minnesota you will reach the Other Forms You May Need screen. To have the M1PR prepared and made available for printing, make sure you check the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) check box on the Other Forms You May Need screen, then follow the prompts through the end of the interview.
For more information, please visit http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/individuals/prop_tax_refund/Pages/File-and-Pay.aspx
Yes, TurboTax will allow you to prepare your Property Tax Refund Form M1PR. However, the form will need to be printed and mailed in. To enter into TurboTax you can follow these steps:
- Continue through Minnesota Interview Questions
- When you get to Other Forms you may need, select Property Tax Refund
For more information, see the link below:
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post