Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"E Trade Securities: 1099 forms not avaialble for user" Huh????

Yeah, this is pretty bad.  This is the one area where TurboTax has an advantage over the competition, and they can't get it right.  If this doesn't work, there's literally no reason to choose TT over its much cheaper competition.

TODAY 2/15/2023

It looks like you have no tax forms E-Trade

Agree.  I worked for an IT company.  If they still haven’t fixed this issue in 2 years - that’s a big problem.  There are a lot of crazy forms in Turbo tax.  I feel this section has to be one of the more popular ones.   May need to look at a different way to do taxes next year. 

Wow.  They do t know when it will be fixed !! Geez.  

Hey. TurboTax, is there a target date for a correction?

I am in the same boat.  Tried this morning 2/15/2023 no luck.  Came here to add to the discussion to maybe get Intuit to notice this issue and make it a priority.

Hey TT, I'm able to download the 1099 but I can't import it. How about providing a scheme where TT can process the downloaded 1099 from a local folder?

That would probably be tricky.  They would need to work with the spreadsheet download rather than the pdf for starters.  I bet there would be challenging security issues as well.  Reading from a local folder rather than a secure server is tricky.

KT1959

Yes, it's now 2/15/2023, the day that the forms are supposed to be available (I know they were in E*Trade long before today, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt). It's strange, I can get the 1099-INT for one of my accounts at E*Trade, but not the 1099-DIV from the other. I hope it does get fixed soon.

Mopinion

Confirmed, still not available as of 10:00 a.m. MST; based on what I've read from other posters, and the admission by Intuit that they don't have an ETA on when this will be resolved it may be foolish to hold off filing manually.

I had relatively few trades, so entering by hand was not a huge deal, definitely sympathetic to those who have a large number of trades, and spent the extra money to get TurboTax for this specific functionality. 

Thankfully, H&R Block and others can consume historical TurboTax files to make the transition easier.  

I was hoping TT can leverage existing code and replace getting the download tax file portion that doesn't work with getting the 1099 pdf from a local folder. I had fun with Etrade a few minutes ago. It seems the Etrade customer service rep told me to hold on while he went to find additional information and then said they do know about this issue. I said I'm concerned because it's a widespread issue and this Etrade cust rep didn't readily know about it. My Robinhood import had no issues and my trades, stock and crypto, were all there.

My Etrade account is managed, lots and lots of trades.

Sounds like there are several in this situation that may move on from Turbo Tax in the future.  If I was a manager I would be on this quick.

roachmj
Returning Member

Thank you this is very helpful.  Now I guess we wait.  Really the only reason I started using Turbo Tax in the first place.

Several people have said this has been a problem for 2 years; that's not been my experience.  It worked for me just fine last year.  I would not have bought TT this year had I know this was even a possibility.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies