Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do i still click form 1099nec if thats how the company i work for reports it even though i dont receive the 1099nec?

when i click on the 1099nec  it wants me to fill in what are in the boxes if i had an actual 1099nec. our company is a s corporation so we dont actually receive the 1099nec.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Do i still click form 1099nec if thats how the company i work for reports it even though i dont receive the 1099nec?

why type of company because you are using self-employed?

a guess would be that you are either a partner/multi-member of an LLC  or self-employed.

a partnership/multimember LLC needs to file a partnership return. the income/loss prorated among the partners. it's reported on a K-1 which then must be entered into their personal returns.

if you are self-employed, it's the 1099-NEC's that the business receives that can be entered along with any income not so reported. you use schedule C to report the business's income and expenses on your personal return.  

Hal_Al
Level 15

@jessicamains-yah said "Thats how the company i work for reports it even though i dont receive the 1099nec?"

That statement requires clarification.  On the surface, it makes no sense at all.  If the company reports worker's pay on a 1099-NEC, the worker must be provided a copy. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies