Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

Same here (05/02/2020). Not even sure if I should use Chase Bank or Chase Investment. I am using the turbotax software installed on my mac.

nelsonsongwu
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Anyone else have an issue with importing 1099-INT from Chase Bank?

Today is Jun 2rd, 2020 -- I am having a similar problem with 1099 importing program using Turbotax online (on Chrome)

Apparently the program recognized my Banks/brokerage firms, in this case, it is Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. I say so because it asked for my password, asked me to check "I am not a robot", showed me a summary of items to be imported (together with the amount of each).

However, after the summary page, when the real import is supposed to start, the page just hangs. Basically the page shows a spinning loop for 10+ minutes until I got a warning about my session about to expire.

What's more: I tried to reload the import page a couple of times. It was a terrible idea -- now my income section is still correct but the tax owed amount just got multiplied many times.

This is terrible user experience. If I have another option, I'd be moving away from TurboTax

I have wasted so much time on trying to import this from Chase.

The very fact that this has dragged on for 2 months without working is sad.

The click to get Identification Code simply does not work.

Intuit -- I've heard great things about the company. You really need to get on top of this.

Out of the 7 odd different Chase, JP Morgan options, I've tried each of them and over several weeks. Hoping that the bug has been fixed. It has not! Sad!!!

Interest can be entered in a minute or less manually ... stop wasting time trying to import the information. 

It's not as simple as "Just enter it manually." My 1099 is 62 pages long and contains hundreds of stock trades. I can't enter this manually. Why has Intuit not resolved this issue? This has been an issue for months. Every time I click on "Get Your Identification Code" I am taken to my JP Morgan Chase account where I'm asked to log in. I do so and then I'm simply in my account. There are no further prompts for an identification code. Intuit/Turbo Tax, please address this issue now.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you are still having technical issues, you should call in and speak with someone in tech support.  They have to ability to screen share and can hopefully diagnose and solve the issue.  @27leaps.    Contact TurboTax.    

You can securely import your 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your broker or financial institution participates in our TurboTax Partner program.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to the section for your specific 1099 form. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return. 
  2. Search for 1099-B and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your form.

Tip: Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's pretty sad, I pay for Premier, I can understand this not working from the web app, but we pay to have this functionality, and we are stuck having to manually enter data that exist digitally. Pathetic.

They should at least offer a .CSV import method.

Has this problem been solved?

I've been trying all day. Called Chase and everything. 

My 1099 is 31 pages. I'd rather import than have to type everything.

Thanks for any help.

If you use the summary option you only have to make a couple of entries ... 

How to enter a summary in lieu of individual transactions

Your brokerage statements should include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example "Box A short-term covered" or "Box D long-term covered". You'll enter the summary info instead of each individual transaction.

1. Open your return in TurboTax Online (if it's not already open) and search for stock sales in the upper-right corner.
  2. Click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to both Did you sell any investments? and Did you get a 1099-B?
    • If you land on Here's the investment sales info we have so far, select Add More Sales. Then answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B?
  4. On the Choose Your Bank or Brokerage import screen, select I'll type it in myself.
  5. Select or enter your brokerage on the next screen and continue.
  6. On the following screen (Tell us about...) select the second option, I'll enter a summary.
  7. On the same screen, enter the total proceeds (sales) and cost basis, along with the sales category. Refer to your 1099-B for the amounts and category. When finished, select Done.
  8. Follow the onscreen instructions to enter additional sales or to view a summary.

When you are done entering all your sales transactions, you'll eventually come to the Here's the investment sales info we have so far screen. Here you can edit, delete, or enter more sales.

Thanks.

For Short Term Gains, it does not display Box A or Box B

For Long Term Gains I have Box D and E.

How about 1099 Div? I guess I need to enter this separately.

I get nervous about this, because that's what caused errors and contact by the IRS previous years: I did not import a document and entered manually. 

In the end that's why I 'm using TurboTax. If I'm going to enter manually, I really don't need the software.

Another question, is the problem on Turbotax end or Chase end? I'm supposed to talk with Chase tech support tomorrow.

Yeah... I tried getting a code several times... 

It just doesn't work on my end...

I don't think they ever fixed it.  I think the issue is that Intuit doesn't realize that Chase has changed their banking webpages.  For some reason, they refuse to fix the issue or work it out with Chase.

So, it seems that if I enter manually I need to ship they 1099 document by mail. Which is also annoying.

And I'm planning to call Chase 'technical support' tomorrow, but if the problem is in TurboTax, they probably will not be able to help. 

Chase is no small organization, so it should be on TurboTax priority to fix this. I still have a hard time believing that this was not solved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies