Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-MISC (Not an intent to make money) question won't appear

Trying to enter a 1099-MISC for crypto Interest and it is triggering a "business item" in turbo tax apparently as I did not answer the question "not an intent to make money"  I deleted everything and started my entries over thinking the question would repopulate and it did not.  I do not get the question and thus keep generating a "business item" when I DO NOT want to list my crypto interest as a business or business item.  Any advice on how to wipe and reset this 1099-MISC would be helpful.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Look for a 1099-MISC in your list of Forms and if there is, delete it there. 

Select Tax Tools then Tools on the left side bar

Select "Delete a Form" on the TOOLS SCREEN

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am using the windows version of Turbo Tax.  I tried delete forms.  I deleted the 1099-MISC in forms along with the schedule C business form and nothing.  Turbo Tax for windows is stuck and insists on linking my 1099-MISC to work.  I can not get the (Not an intent to make money) money question to appear to stop triggering the business form.

I also tried closing the Turbotax software and restarting and that did not help either.

Finally got it!  Just kept going in and out of the software, cycling through updating, saving software, exiting, opening,  and it finally rest so I could check the box (Not an intent to make money).  The software was up to date it just seems to be a bug as I repeated the process more than a dozen times.

Crypto is not going away and it seems this was harder this year than last.  Hopefully Turbotax will put some polish on this sticky and confusing entry as 1099-MISC is very popular for crypto transactions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies