Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-B Worksheet Error: Keep asking "Date Acquired must be entered for xxx"

Hi,

I imported a 1099-B form and each stock seems to have correct information (i.e. acquired date, date sold, etc). However, it keeps saying there is an error and the Date Acquired must be entered for xxx stock while reviewing the report even after I entered the date manually. Data was imported from M1 Finance. Not sure how to fix this. Any help/advice/tip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

73 Replies

Exact same situation here, Imported 1099-B from M1 and it just loops on "Date Acquired must be entered..." when I enter a date.

I've deleted the 1099-B and re-imported several times and manually added the dates to all the lines in the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" section of the program but it still Loops.

After manually adding the acquired date it even shows up in ON THE FORM in the review section but will not let me get past the loop.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I ended up adding all sales manually to pass this loophole. Here is what I did.

- Import 1099-B

- Take a note of each sale (screenshots or whatever works)

- Delete all imported sales

- Then, add each sale manually by click add sales button. For those entries without acquired date, it is likely "various" in the 1099-B. So, select "other" and set "various" in the acquired date section

This was not a pleasant experience by any means and took quite some time to enter sales and double-check the correctness of all numbers. But... the only way to e-file for now. I wish Turbotax is more responsive in support.

Glad to find this.  I have 83 sales so manually entering is not gonna cut it.  Will report back if I get a solution after talking to a customer service rep.

Same issue. The Online version is in an infinite loop asking me over and over again to fill the same date, for one particular sale. It's ridiculous, because a) the date is already present and b) I am re-entering it manually every time it prompts me to. Terrible experience, for a paid application!

I am also experiencing this same issue! No matter what, it will not accept the date. If anyone knows of any workarounds or hears back from customer support - please let us know! It seems to be stuck in an infinite loop

I also encountered this issue and it keep asking the date.....

Terrible software.

I inquired to ‘at TeamTurboTax’ via Twitter. They said it’s a bug that will be fixed after 2/24. So either  on or after 2/24 I would delete and re-upload from M1.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/form-1099-b-worksheet-apex-clearing-corporation-d...

Still not fixed. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I just cleared all my cache / browser & re-uploaded.  The browser/cache clearing did allow me to re-upload.  But now there is info missing from the sales.  I think there is even more info missing than previously.  Now it doesn't say if it was short term, long term, etc.  Again,  I have 100+ sales I am not going to enter them manually.  I will go to another tax software if necessary.  

Hi,

Even I have imported data from Webull and Robinhood. But getting the same error message in Final review.

Worst Turbotax software.

It's just insane. I have deleted the problematic entry and have re-created it. Same issue. I think it's getting stuck somewhere on the underlying form that it has *imported*. I am not re-importing it, given the issues other users have recently experienced.

This is ridiculous. No technical customer support. I will take my money to an actual accountant, I am done with this cr@p.

can we file by mail instead of efile so that we do not need to correct these forms?

I’m going to wait another 2 days and see if they get their act together. Current Turbotax help person I am speaking to on Twitter DM has no idea what’s going on. 

Having the same issue, ridiculous 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies