patriciawilburn

My cost or other basis, 1e, is listed as unknown on my financial statement. How do I report this?

This is for one stock on my financial statement. The statement also lists the date acquired as unknown.  How do I get this info into Turbo Tax?
tagteam

@patriciawilburn wrote:
How do I get this info into Turbo Tax?

It does not appear as if you actually have the information to input into TurboTax.

If you cannot determine the acquisition date nor cost (basis) for the stock, then the safest approach would be to enter a zero basis and short-term holding period.

ratings image
Mike9241

if the sales price is just a few $'s, this was probably due to a stock split or some other reorganization. in that case I would follow Tagteams suggestion. if it's more then contact the broker. many times they can provide info that is not on the 1099