Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
mdgwow

My answer choices aren’t saving under the carryover section

Carl

Wild guess here. You probably did not select the option for "I have passive activity real estate losses carried over from a prior year" or the one below that for "at risk losses", whichever applies to your situation. See screenshot below. TO get to it, work through the Property Profile section.

passive carryovers.png

erblaser

I have a similar question regarding remembering answers.  When you complete a section of the tax questionnaire and then later go back to the same section later, Turbo Tax remembers the date, but it often asks the same questions again and doesn't remember what you answered to that question when you first answered it.  This can be very annoying, because if a couple of days go by between reviews of the tax form you have to rethink what you answered the first time through the process.  Is there any reason why Turbo Tax doesn't record and leave in place the answers to questions so you don't have to re-answer the same questions?

erblaser

my bad.  I entered "date" instead of "data" in my question.