June 4, 2019 6:41 PM
last updated June 04, 2019 6:41 PM
I'm looking for my rental's loss carryover amount. My last year's tax return only contains 1 page of Form 8582, and not the worksheets described in other posts. Is the number on line 4 of 8582 the amount I can apply to this year's tax return as the loss carryover amount?
June 4, 2019 6:42 PM
Yes, this is what you would carryover, it is your passive activity loss.
You can enter this by:
- Sign into TurboTax
- Click on Take me to my return
- Click on Federal in left column
- Click on Rentals, Royalties, and Farm and click on Show more and click Start/Revisit
- Income from Rentals or Royalty Property You Own - Yes
- Edit you rental property and click on Property Profile Update button
- Go through interview and you will see Carryovers