Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PoBo
Level 2

Is anyone having issues accessing their rental income section? I can't get to mine. I've tried different wireless networks and computers but still nothing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Is anyone having issues accessing their rental income section? I can't get to mine. I've tried different wireless networks and computers but still nothing.

I have not had this experience.  First thing to do is to clear your cache and cookies, as well as browsing history.  This will remove any pieces of information you wanted your computer and software to forget. It also makes a big difference on many things without logic many times.

Next, follow these steps to enter your rental income.  To enter your rental:

1. In TurboTax, search (upper right) for rentals (plural) > Press enter > select the Jump to..... link at the top of the search results.
  2. Answer Yes to the question Did you have any rental or royalty income and expenses in 2020 for property you own?
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions as you proceed through the rental and royalties section.
    • Select the property where you want to enter income > Edit > Scroll to Income > Select Add income
    • Select Cash, checks, Venmo/Paypal, and/or Form 1099-K
  4. See image below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PoBo
Level 2

I did all this and I still get the spinning circle when trying to access my rental income.  I think my issue is more of a technical issue with TT.  I've tried it on different browsers, different computers, and different networks.  Still nothing.  

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I have created a tax return in TurboTax Online Premier with a residential rental reported on Schedule E and did not experience this issue.  I am using a Google Chrome browser.

Have you considered removing the entry and starting over?

One of the more common reasons you may find yourself filling out a Schedule E is if you own real estate that you rent out to tenants.

PoBo
Level 2

Thanks.  I can't remove it because it will not allow me to even access that section.  Besides, there are six properties there an since TT screwed something up this year anyway where I've had to enter the depreciation schedule for all of them I really don't want to have to deal with it again.  My issue seems to be a technical issue that no one can seem to fix.  I guess I'll have to leave TT for another application so I can actually file my taxes on time.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@PoBo

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies