If I have 2 house on a single parcel lot in Sheboy...

xiongcheexyooj

If I have 2 house on a single parcel lot in Sheboygan can I rent the other one out

Or will I get fined becasue I took a fha laon on the property.. the mortgage includes 2 single family house on a single lot. Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing in the tax laws prevents you from doing what you intend.  we can't answer the FHA part. 

Carl

There are no tax consequences. But there could be issues with the lender. It just depends on your loan agreement.

Typically, a loan taken for the purpose of purchasing a primary residence and/or second home will commonly have provisions that the property be used within the constraints of the loan type. For example, taking out a residential loan for commercial property would be fraudulent.

Typically if you take out a residential loan for a primary residence or second home, the loan terms require the property to be used as such for at least the first 2 years of ownership. Then after that if you move out and convert it to a rental you're not violating the loan agreement.

So overall your question is not a valid tax question. But it is a valid question for the lender. Check your loan agreement documents.