Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pgcraft

Have only rental income and no royalty income but turbo tax will not let me enter zero and indicates an error on Sch E. and will not let me file.

I did look and found an answer that I thought would help but when thru the reco. process and did not solve the problem. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Have only rental income and no royalty income but turbo tax will not let me enter zero and indicates an error on Sch E. and will not let me file.

Since you are using the desktop product, click on the Forms icon on the upper right.  You should see a Schedule Worksheet showing this royalty income with a x=zero.  You may also see a 1099-MISC worksheet that is marked as royalty income.  If you click on each one to open it, you can then delete it at the bottom of the screen.  Do the 1099 first, then the Schedule E Worksheet.  If this does not help you, please come back in the comments and tell me why it didn't work so we can think of something else.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anita01

Since you are using the desktop product, click on the Forms icon on the upper right.  You should see a Schedule Worksheet showing this royalty income with a x=zero.  You may also see a 1099-MISC worksheet that is marked as royalty income.  If you click on each one to open it, you can then delete it at the bottom of the screen.  Do the 1099 first, then the Schedule E Worksheet.  If this does not help you, please come back in the comments and tell me why it didn't work so we can think of something else.

pgcraft

I have no 1099-MIsc, if I have rental income and delete then do I just input the rental income again?
Anita01

Are you showing only the one Schedule E worksheet?
Anita01

If only one worksheet, you should be able to just delete the royalty zero
pgcraft

I was able to use your first suggestion which fixed the problem but I did have to re-enter all the rental info.
Anita01

I'm glad it worked for you but sorry about the extra work.
pdkramer1

I'm stuck at the point in Schedule K-1 where Royalties are to be linked to Schedule 'E'. I have no royalties. And I can't continue with filing. How clear this or to over-ride this 'helpful' last minute check?

I have this same issue. I can not fix it with the recommendations. Please help!!!!!!!

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this TurboTax support situation.

See this FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

I had the same issue.  For me it was the result of entering 0's in boxes rather than leaving blank when I initially entered data from my 1098-MISC.  I went back to edit the 1098-MISC and deleted the 0's and left blanks there instead.  After doing this when I went to file the error did not flag and I was able to e-file.

bbshopplf

Worked like a charm for me as well - delete the "0" and leave it blank, and it'll push right through.

The fix is to make sure the royalty field is blank then you will be able to proceed.

Make sure the royalty field is empty do not put 0

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies