Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I ran an airbnb (under my SSN) for part of last year. The profits were shared with the homeowner and another person. Where do I get 1099s for them (already have w-9s)?

We'd agreed before the start (and after much research) that I would run the airbnb and treat them as contracted employers for the work they provide to run it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I ran an airbnb (under my SSN) for part of last year. The profits were shared with the homeowner and another person. Where do I get 1099s for them (already have w-9s)?

You can use TurboTax Self-Employed to prepare and e-file forms W-2 and 1099-NEC.

To prepare forms W-2 and 1099-NEC, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your account and sign in again.
  2. On the landing page, click on the down arrow next to Your account then click on  Create W2s and 1099s.
  3. You will be taken to the TurboTax Quick Employer Forms (QEF) website.
  4. Sign in with your TurboTax username and password. If you do not have an account, click Create Account to create a new account. Note carefully the username and password as you need then if you need to retrieve the forms later.
  5. After signing in, click on Create New Form
  6. On the next page, choose the type of forms you wish to prepare then click Continue to begin entering information for your forms.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much! Do I leave the state income and taxes withheld section completely blank if I didn't withhold or should some of that section be filled? Thanks again.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You would leave that area blank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you! Just to clarify, I don't even need to select the state for that section? It just all stays blank? Does it matter that I'm technically an NC resident while the 1099-NECs are being issued for residents of SC for an airbnb located in SC?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

No, it doesn't matter where you live vs. where they live. They will include their income on their own state's tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies