adams-gould

I'm planning for the current tax year. What is the tax rate for home rental income in Utah?

Is rental income in Utah taxed at the flat 5% income tax rate or is it a different sales tax?
Lisa995

Are you asking about Sales Tax or Income Tax?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ratings image
adams-gould

I am trying to figure out how much to put aside to pay the taxes on my income from two rooms I rent at my house. So I would assume just income tax but that is part of what I am checking here.
view2

Transient room tax (TRT) can be imposed by a county, city or town to rent temporary lodging for stays of less than 30 consecutive days.

Sales Tax Information for Lodging Providers

Self-Review - Vacation Rental Properties Tax Rate Table

Utah counties may impose a 4.25% TRT tax on the rental of rooms in hotels, motels, inns, trailer
courts, campgrounds, tourist homes, and similar accommodations for stays of less than 30
consecutive days. TRT is not imposed on meeting room charges. Counties may collect the tax
itself, or contract with the State Tax Commission to collect. The following counties collect their
own transient room tax: Davis, Duchesne, Emery, Garfield, Grand, Rich and Utah.

Transient Room Tax Return