turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have two rent houses, but this year Turbo tax didn't print out one of the forms 4562. It still depreciated both houses correctly, so I'm assuming it's not important.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I have two rent houses, but this year Turbo tax didn't print out one of the forms 4562. It still depreciated both houses correctly, so I'm assuming it's not important.

You don't always get a Form 4562.

Use Form 4562 to figure your deduction for depreciation and amortization. Attach Form 4562 to your tax return for the current tax year if you are claiming any of the following items.

• A section 179 deduction for the current year or a section 179 carryover from a prior year. See chapter 2 for information on the section 179 deduction.
  • Depreciation for property placed in service during the current year.
  • Depreciation on any vehicle or other listed property, regardless of when it was placed in service. Seechapter 5 for information on listed property.
  • A deduction for any vehicle if the deduction is reported on a form other than Schedule C (Form 1040) or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040).
  • Amortization of costs if the current year is the first year of the amortization period.
  • Depreciation or amortization on any asset on a corporate income tax return (other than Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation) regardless of when it was placed in service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies