bruce21

I have both rental income and royalty income from the same address. Turbotax shows the royalty income to be negative, why?

Mike9241

we can't see your return. look at schedule E the royalty column.  perhaps you entered something incorrectly. 

bruce21

I have a rental property that is also a royalty property.  I tried entering the royalty:

1. combined with the rental

2. As a separate royalty property

3.  On a different property with address not associated to the above.

When I review prior to filing, I keep getting an error message on Schedule E that: 

A.  rental and royalty properties have to be entered separately (for above, even though I removed royalty from rental).

B.  Royalty can't show days occupied.

In other words, TT keeps imputing this information into the royalty/ rental property, even though I removed it.  It will not refresh, even though I have logged out and back in twice.  TT is telling me that If I can't fix the errors, I should mail in the return.  I DONT WANT TO DO THAT! 

bruce21

I mistakenly entered this as a rental property and a royalty property.  TT won't let me change it