brentsayler

I have a rental property where I am a 50% owner. How do I denote that? I am not eligible to take all of the losses on Schedule E, just half of that.

MarilynG1

When you set up your Rental Property in the Property Profile, you can indicate your % of Ownership (screenshot). 

TurboTax will calculate your % of income and expenses (screenshot). 

brentsayler

Is there a way for me to go back and edit my percentage in the rental property?

brentsayler

I also live in the property as well. My brother and I purchased the property together 50% ownership each. I need to denote that I am 50% owner and expense 66.7% of MY expenses.

MarilynG1

You will have to calculate your 50% of Mortgage Interest and Property Tax and enter those amounts in the Rental Expenses area. 

For other expenses, if you indicate that you are renting 66.7% of your home, TurboTax will calculate that % (Utilities, for example) as Rental Expense. 

Click this link for more info Renting Part of Your Home.