Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not receive 1099-DIV from Fidelity. Should I file from online information? Did not receive any money, all re-invested

The online information has a note stating "this information is not reported to the IRS. it may assist in your tax return preparation". Question do I need to add this as income???"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I did not receive 1099-DIV from Fidelity. Should I file from online information? Did not receive any money, all re-invested

You should be verifying with Fidelity that you don't have 1099 forms coming. You should not attempt to report tax info from other documents, unless you know what your'e doing. You would risk making costly mistakes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

You should be verifying with Fidelity that you don't have 1099 forms coming. You should not attempt to report tax info from other documents, unless you know what your'e doing. You would risk making costly mistakes

LisaBr

Since Fidelity is not reporting the 1099-DIV information to the IRS, I'm assuming the amount is $10 or less. 

If this is the case, you do not need to report this information.

Other reasons for not receiving a 1099-DIV is because it might be reported through other forms, such as 1099-R.

The following link discusses who should receive a 1099-DIV and exceptions.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099div.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies