turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought and sold stocks on cashapp last year but I dint see anywhere to enter my 1099 information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I bought and sold stocks on cashapp last year but I dint see anywhere to enter my 1099 information

You may need to upgrade your TurboTax version. Form 1099-B is included in TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live Self-Employed (online) and in all personal CD/Download versions of TurboTax.

Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.

Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019?
    • If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (import or type it in yourself).
  6. Follow the instructions.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

If TurboTax does not support your app, enter your stock sales one at a time @Karlopez. Or you can enter totals and send the IRS a statement.

1. Type "1099-b" in Search in the upper right
  2. Select "Jump to 1099-b"
  3. Say Okay! on Time to kick off your investments!
  4. Continue on Relax. We got it.
  5. On Let's import your tax info choose Enter a different way
  6. On OK, let's start with one investment type select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds then Continue
  7. Enter the name of your brokerage and other info
  8. Say NO to Do these sales include any employee stock?
  9. Finish answering the questions and enter your sales

View solution in original post

8 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You may need to upgrade your TurboTax version. Form 1099-B is included in TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live Self-Employed (online) and in all personal CD/Download versions of TurboTax.

Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.

Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019?
    • If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B (import or type it in yourself).
  6. Follow the instructions.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

jnsm1114

Did you ever figure it out? I'm about to go crazy cause I don't understand it at all

I upgraded my turbo tax account, but I can't seem to find the option for Cashapp. I had no issue finding Robinhood in the system to report, but Cashapp does not seem to be an option. There also doesn't seem to be an option to list a business that is not listed. 

Note: I also had issues trying to connect my cashapp account to mint as well. It doesn't seem like casapp is supported in the intuit family. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a way for us to enter in our cashapp 1099 information when we are not able to select cashapp as the broker?

Nvm, I just found the "Enter it in a different way" button.

Karlopez

how did you enter bank/brokerage? drivewelth, LLC? or cashapp?? im stuck in a review loop, and cant continue!

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

If TurboTax does not support your app, enter your stock sales one at a time @Karlopez. Or you can enter totals and send the IRS a statement.

3. Say Okay! on Time to kick off your investments!
  6. On OK, let's start with one investment type select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds then Continue
  8. Say NO to Do these sales include any employee stock?

Did you find the answer to this? I'm in the same spot.

AamilD
Expert Alumni

@maroark257, if your financial institution is not listed, it most likely means the have not partnered with TurboTax for the import feature. However, you can still enter that information manually. 

As @ErnieS0 stated above, please follow the steps to enter the information manually.

3. Say Okay! on Time to kick off your investments!
  6. On OK, let's start with one investment type select Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds then Continue
  8. Say NO to Do these sales include any employee stock?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies