turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nutyman45

I am being asked to check an entry for the date acquired of a stock. The system is not accepting my answer but not giving me any reason why and clearing the box.

The screen just refreshes and clears the box when I hit "continue"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I am being asked to check an entry for the date acquired of a stock. The system is not accepting my answer but not giving me any reason why and clearing the box.

Please use the link below and fill out the form. Why is my 1099-B missing its acquired date?

Complete this form

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@SForrestLO 

This form you are telling us to fill out is just a sign up form for updates. Is there something that will actually help fix the problem and help bypass this screen? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are not able to manually update the entry as recommended in this FAQ the reason for the error message is being worked on and therefore the reason to sign up for an update. Once this is resolved your will be notified. 

@jessabellf

lilx2008

Hi even I manually type in a date, the software refresh again and ask me the same question, and it kept asking the date. Please solve this ASAP.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

If you go directly to this specific entry in the step-by-step section you can try using 'Various' as the date for this transaction. You will select the correct holding period if necessary.

• Long term is a holding period of more than one year and receives capital gain tax treatment (0%, 10%, 15%, 20% depending on your regular rate of tax)
  • Short term is a holding period of one year or less and receives ordinary gain tax treatment (your regular rate)

In TurboTax CD/Download version you can simply type 'V' and various will automatically populate.

In TurboTax Online you must select the check beside 'Something other than a date'. (see the images below)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies