Solved: How do I show a loss on what my stocks were granted at , as opposed to what I sold them at? For example, they were granted at 22.88 per share and sold at 4.04 per share.

ckwadsworth

How do I show a loss on what my stocks were granted at , as opposed to what I sold them at? For example, they were granted at 22.88 per share and sold at 4.04 per share.

TomYoung

You'd report this exactly like any other stock sale, profit or loss.  You use the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other" interview and you enter the information required:

• Description of what was sold
  • Date of sale
  • Proceeds
  • Date of acquisition
  • Cost basis

In your case the Proceeds number is going to be smaller than the Cost basis number, generating a loss.

Tom Young

TomYoung

• Description of what was sold
  • Date of sale
  • Proceeds
  • Date of acquisition
  • Cost basis

Tom Young