turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Have 1099-B from Acorns but Can't Import

As the Subject states, I have a 1099-B from Acorns and I would like to import it. I was able to do so easily last year but never even receive a prompt for importing the 1099-B. Worked seamlessly last year. Currently using Chrome and I also tried in Firefox. Never got the option to import in either browser. I really do not want to hand enter this information as there's a lot there and I'm not entirely sure what values I'd enter. I have a good idea but I'd much rather import for accuracy!

Is there something I'm missing? What do I have to do to be able to import a 1099-B from Acorns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
DeanM15
Expert Alumni

You should be able to import your 1099-B from Acorns.

Go to Federal, then Investment Income, then Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.  Then click on add more sales, say yes to receiving a 1099B, on the next page type in Acorns, then click on the Icon. Enter your account number and Document ID.

I am using Chrome on a Windows 10 device.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This does not solve the problem.  Acorns reports "Invalid Logon"

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

You will need to check with Acorn for your user name and password.

Where is this icon supposed to be? I've tried on multiple browsers and do not have any additional icons on either one. There is no icon for me to use. Can you point out where it's supposed to be?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below, for instructions on where to enter your 1099-B:

Where do I enter a 1099-B?

I have the same issue with USAA mutual Funds.

I get the impression that the problem has to do with which version of TT I'm using (it's Home and Business). Is that correct? H&B does not allow for automatic download of some investment vehicles?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@Onefish per this link: https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/tax_form_schedule?akredirect=true, 1099-B for USAA Mutual Funds should have been made available for download in TurboTax on 02/16. 

JosueT

the only way i got it to work was to manually enter the long account number on your tax form provided by acorns the 1099B/DIV also on that form you will find the document ID. Enter the document ID as well by hand no spaces and the letter lowercase. Worked for me hope this helps.

Finally got this to work in TT2022

1. Be sure you copy the account number from the acorns 1099-B exactly... including the leading zeroes and trailing letter like B1, even if that's not really your account number

2. You must enter the document id in UPPERCASE... despite it saying "not case sensitive"

C141medic

Thanks for that. I’m going to try entering the document ID in uppercase. I entered everything correctly and it wasn’t working. Why wouldn’t TurboTax fix this issue?

dirwin518

Is the document id the 11 digits inside of the ( ) after account number on 1099-R form or no? I got no cover page from Acorns

You are so right.

The document ID must be typed in as written on your 1099. It IS CASE SENSITIVE for TT2023 Premiere despite the pop up indicating that it is not.

TurboTax, Fix this crap.  Just say it IS, rather than ISN'T.  Makes one lose faith in the software if even the little stuff is broken. 😕

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies