ezshopr

Foreign Tax Credit - I can't get it to work

In TurboTax you can take a foreign tax credit if you paid a foreign tax and received dividends (which is listed on the 1099 I received from the broker.)  Problem - TurboTax says select the country from the drop down, but I have 3.  I select all 3, then TurboTax wants you to select/highlight the one from the drop down and begin entering the tax / dividend information.  I can't figure out how to select all 3 at one time.  If I select  one and enter foreign tax paid and dividends earned from that country, then Turbo tax is done with the section. 

The default question in the tax form when you search says you don't have to enter the county, just report the tax paid and dividens, but TurboTax won't let you past this page if you don't select the country. 

How do I enter all 3 countries and all 3 of income/taxes for them?

Thank you!

MarilynG1

If the Foreign Income is from a mutual fund or bank, choose 'RIC' as the Country (Regulated Investment Company). 

Click this link for info on How to Enter 1099-Div. 

ezshopr

Sorry for the confusion.  I updated my question to be more specific on where I was having the issue.  Any suggestions?

ThomasM125

When you enter the foreign tax credit section in TurboTax, you will be asked what countries the tax applies to, and you can pick several countries. Then, when you review your entries, you will be asked which country you want to work on:

Just highlight the country you want to work on and then you can enter the income and tax, if not already entered,  for that country: