turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does the name of a LLC I'm principal member of and its EIN need to be mentioned on my Schedule E or elsewhere in my tax return (like it would be on Schedule C), for an apartment it owns that I'm renting?

The LLC was setup as a "disregarded entity" in the sense that the taxes on the rental income less the associated expenses like monthly real estate taxes and Home Owners Association charges, will be "disregarded" from separate tax reporting in a company-specific tax return, as I understand. Rather, the rental income less the associated expenses flow onto my personal income tax return in Schedule E as I understand. I am principal member of the LLC, and the LLC owns an apartment I am renting to a tenant. My question is does the name of the LLC and its EIN need to be mentioned on my Schedule E or elsewhere in my tax return (like it would be on Schedule C)? If yes, how can I do this in TurboTax? Sorry if this was asked elsewhere in the Community, but I could not find a response about this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Does the name of a LLC I'm principal member of and its EIN need to be mentioned on my Schedule E or elsewhere in my tax return (like it would be on Schedule C), for an apartment it owns that I'm renting?

No, as a disregarded entity, the LLC EIN will not show up on your Schedule E, or elsewhere on your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

Assuming the LLC is a multi-member LLC, the business will issue a K-1 to each member showing their share of income, expenses, losses, and carry overs. When you enter that K-1 on your personal 1040 tax return, anything related to the rental will appear on page 2 of the SCH E.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies