kpresser

Do I list the property tax and mortgage interest on Schedule E for the room I'm renting in my house as well as in the deductions and credit section? I live there as well

PaulaM

You can do it 2 ways when you rent a part of your home. You can have TurboTax allocate to the sections or you can choose to do it yourself.

Indicate under the Property Profile section that you rented a part of your home. Note: Personal Use days refers to days that you used the rental. Enter 0 if you never used the room while it was rented.

Then on the Let Us Calculate Your Expense Deductions for You page, choose Yes for TurboTax to allocate or No if you want to do it yourself.

If you choose Yes, then you will not enter again on the personal side. A No, would require you to navigate to the personal deductions and enter the personal share.

PaulaM

joosetiger

How can I get back to the screen "Let Us Calculate Your Expense Deductions For You" so that I can change my answer to no?  I can't get this to work. Very frustrating.