rgilf

Depreciation info did not carry forward

The depreciation from previous year didn't carry forward on input. This happened last year and I just reentered it. I have more time this year and I want to have it imputed for the future. Please advise

tagteam

Depreciation info did not carry forward

@rgilf wrote:

I have more time this year and I want to have it imputed for the future. Please advise

Depreciation will carry forward provided you enter an asset into the program that is to be capitalized and depreciated. Did you actually enter an asset (or assets) or did you just enter a figure for the depreciation deduction (in which case TurboTax would not carry it forward).

tagteam

Depreciation info did not carry forward

@rgilf wrote:

catmking

Depreciation info did not carry forward

I did my return on TT desktop last year, saved it on my computer with PDF file, and now I am using TT desktop for 2019, when I forwarded my file, it did not carry over my depreciation information????   There is alot to depreciate and I do not want to manually enter it every year!! 

tagteam

Depreciation info did not carry forward

@catmking  wrote:

I did my return on TT desktop last year, saved it on my computer with PDF file, and now I am using TT desktop for 2019, when I forwarded my file, it did not carry over my depreciation information????  

That is correct; your depreciation will not carry over if you transferred your return using a PDF file for 2018.

You need to transfer your return from 2018 to 2019 using your ****.tax2018 file. Transfers from PDFs will result in only a limited amount of data imported into the following year's return.

tomduly

Depreciation info did not carry forward

My depreciation did not carry forward.  I've used TT for years, and it has always carried forward.  It showed my investment properties already, but with no depreciation.  How do I get this fixed?  It's a huge difference in my refund.....

I find it very frustrating that this problem - which clearly seems a software issue, can only be potentially resolved by my spending more money to upgrade my support level.  Create a problem, get more $$??

tagteam

Depreciation info did not carry forward

@tomduly wrote:

I understand your frustration, but this anomaly appears to affect the online versions of TurboTax and is currently being investigated. Hopefully, the issue will be rectified shortly.

tomduly

Depreciation info did not carry forward

I worked with a very competent support person who confirmed that this was not my problem, but a TurboTax problem.

Does your statement confirming that mean I will get my additional premium refunded?  I was forced to pay it to confirm you have a software problem.

I was able to override it by adding the assets in again from scratch, requiring me to delve into eight year old tax returns and purchase information in my files.

This seems reasonable...... I don't want to pay for your online software bugs!

tagteam

Depreciation info did not carry forward

@tomduly You will have to contact Support for any adjustment.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)