Solved: Can I take the standard mileage rate for rental ca...

Can I take the standard mileage rate for rental car?

I rented a car from Hertz (for 1 day) and used it for both business (rental property) and personal use. I tracked the mileage for business use and wondering if I can take the standard mileage deduction for business mileage?

The reason I am asking is that I read from somewhere that standard mileage rate includes depreciation, and since the rental car company already claimed depreciation we cannot double claim it.

Only actual expenses can be claimed on a rental car. 

Are you are W-2 employee or are you an independent contractor?  If you are a W-2 employee you cannot deduct job-related expenses on your federal return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

This is rental property related expense, not W-2.