Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eye2

Can I deduct my rent for space i a Mobile Home Park? If so, where do I enter it on Turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I deduct my rent for space i a Mobile Home Park? If so, where do I enter it on Turbo tax?

Unfortunately, no. Rent is considered a personal expenses and not allowed as a deduction on federal taxes.

However, there are some states with homestead/renters credits. If you provide your state, we can verify if there are state credits available to you.

Arizona

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can claim a renter's credit in Arizona. Here are the requirements. Individuals may qualify for a credit if they were residents of Arizona the entire year and meet all of the following criteria:

• Paid property taxes or rent on a main home in Arizona during the tax year.
  • Were 65 or older by December 31 of the tax year or received Title 16 Supplemental Security Income.
  • Earned a total household income less than $3,751 and the taxpayer lived alone, or the total household income was less than $5,501.
  • If you qualify in accordance with the following parameters, Turbo Tax will lead you through the interview questions in your state return regarding the property tax credit. 
  • Log into Turbo Tax>pick up where you left off>select the state tab in the left hand side of your screen.
  • You will answer the interview questions and then you will eventually come to a screen that says property tax credit qualifications. You will answer these questions to qualify for the credit.
  • Remember, you won't see this screen unless you qualify through the first three bullet points listed above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies