turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

remoshah

After TurboTax pulled all data including rental data from 2016 return I had started working on my 2017 return. I accidentally deleted rental data from the 2017 return.

Is there a way to bring back past rental data into 2017 return and then I can continue adding 2017 data.  I had filed the 2017 extension.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After TurboTax pulled all data including rental data from 2016 return I had started working on my 2017 return. I accidentally deleted rental data from the 2017 return.

If you accidentally deleted data that transferred over from 2016 to your 2017 return, then sadly the only way to recover it is to clear and start over, unless you can re-enter that information manually.  The transfer from one year to the next can only happen at the very beginning of preparing the tax return--you cannot do it later.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you accidentally deleted data that transferred over from 2016 to your 2017 return, then sadly the only way to recover it is to clear and start over, unless you can re-enter that information manually.  The transfer from one year to the next can only happen at the very beginning of preparing the tax return--you cannot do it later.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
remoshah

How do I clear and start over?

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-online">https://...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies