turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JHS-14

199A Worksheet for my records prints with official return

The "199A Worksheet by Activity >Keep for your records" prints with my official return for filing by mail, in addition to the "Form 1065 199A Statement A Summary". 

Is this "Keep for your records" worksheet supposed to be filed with our return?  I would think not, given the notation that it's for our records.  I don't understand why the TurboTax print center includes it with the official forms required for filing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

if it says keep for your records don't file it.   if you e-file only the required documents are submitted. 

Agreed. It would be nice to see an informative answer to this. There are any number of reasons someone will paper file and it seems entirely reasonable to expect Turbo-Tax to generate only the forms for official filing when that is what is selected. Instead I get a bunch of smart and 199A worksheets. 199A is fairly new and I am not sure what IRS wants. It would be nice to see TT correctly sort out what goes and what doesn't. 

In the FILE tab if you choose to mail in the return then the PDF that is presented only has the forms needed to be mailed  + the mailing instructions.

If you choose to print the return from the PRINT CENTER instead you have 3 options to choose from ... just the return,  return + IRS worksheets and  return + IRS worksheets and TT worksheets. 

print center.PNG

I agree this is a problem.  While going through the step by step, I get to File a Return.  I select Print Tax Return for Mailing, and hit the Print Return to Mail button.  I end up with a list that includes all the files that I'm not suppose to mail.  There is another tab for printing all the pages for "My Records", but for now, I'm not a tax expert, TurboTax is the tax expert, they should know WHAT documents I need to mail and NOT print a book.

I didn't even look at the pages last year.  I wonder what the IRS did with all the extra pages.

The data input operator simply  ignored the excess pages. 

Thank you.  I was in the process of eliminating all the "Keep for your records" pages, and I found the last page in the print out stack/book that says "Additional information from your 2021 Federal Partnership Tax Return" that didn't have any notes saying keep for your records and I didn't know what to do with it.

I agree that this is a concern.  When I print my Form 1065 return for filing by mail, included is the 199A Summary and the 199A Worksheet by Activity (the Worksheet is marked "keep for your records").

I do not understand why these forms should be filed,  I would very much like an explanation as to why Turbotax has these for filing.

Is this a bug?

If you efile the partnership you don't need to worry about all those paper forms. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies