Account closed with money still on it - Community

Account closed with money still on it

I have been using my TurboTax Debit Visa per usual. I made a purchase online and after went to the store to use it again, but was declined. I tried to check my account on the app and it said that my account was closed. I had just over $2400 on the account! I have already called the number on the back of the card, GreenDot, and any other number I could find online and STILL no luck. I don't know where else to look or call.

Account closed with money still on it

Same here and I dont know what's going onnnnn!!!

Account closed with money still on it

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

Account closed with money still on it

This is the number on the back on the card. I have called it multiple times. I get hung up on because the account is "closed". I did NOT close the account myself. I can log in on the website and see that I had just under 2500 but every option says that it is not available for my account or whatever. Also do not see any transactions that look suspicious that would probably trigger something and lock my account.

Account closed with money still on it

A number that could connect me to an ACTUAL HUMAN while your stupid system locked me out would be FANTASTIC.

Edit: Sorry just realized you're just a member.

Account closed with money still on it

From what I understand, a LOT of accounts have been flagged as "suspicious" and locked. MANY are from the Unemployment system, which I know a LOT of people that receive onto a GreenDot issued card of some sort or another have had this same issue. I'm sure I'm not able to post the GreenDot corporate number here, but there's another round of ID checking that has to be done with GreenDot directly before the card and funds are processed and released. I found it pretty quickly after searching through Facebook posts concerning the same issue. Hope this helps anyone freaking out. There's a lot of us and apparently we don't need to worry, we'll get the money after ID verification I guess.

Account closed with money still on it

Where do you go to identify yourself

Account closed with money still on it

It's the Unemployment funds that are frozen until the Unemployment Office can verify your identity, not the Turbo Debit Visa Card. So your answer is incorrect. I know, because my ID verification affected only my Unemployment Account deposits at the Unemployment end, not my Turbo Visa, which I used throughout my whole ID verifying process.

Also, Green Dot Corporate number is [phone number removed] and is USELESS. They simply tell you you've called the wrong number after you enter your card# and SSN.

Account closed with money still on it

It's not because of unemployment inmy case because I went through that 2 weeks ago where they held deposits back until they could verify my identity. This is turbo or green Dot stating account is closed and no matter what I do I can't get to a person.

Account closed with money still on it

Ok so after calling  and SPEAKING  TO A LIVE PERSON Lol its green dot holding funds due to the fraud that's been going on!!!!! So there doing a identification check for funds once we're clear funds will be back on !!! We don't need to do anything  as far as call n check in there doin it all on there own...once clear we can spend again !!! It's my money and I need it nowwwww