turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bergerru

Can I delete my credit card information in my account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies

Are you referring to an Advantage account (annual membership subscription)?   If so, see the steps outlined in this FAQ on cancelling an Advantage subscription and removing the credit card info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

Or are you referring to the shipping/billing section of a regular TurboTax account?

Jjmc

I followed the directions but there was no place to delete the credit card. I got to the screen that had the credit card number, chose edit, and what came up had blanks for the credit card fields and no way to delete anything. I tried saving that screen with the blanks but when I logged back into the account the credit card number was still there. Trying to actually talk to someone at the company to get this resolved is not really an option since all the support links keep pointing back to the “community” - anyone have other suggestions for how I can get the credit card off?

If it's for the Advantage plan try canceling it.  Remove the products that are listed.

Once you remove the recurring product order, the Turbo Tax Advantage subscription will be cancelled as well.

How to cancel Turbo Tax Advantage

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-cancel-my-turbotax-advantage-subscriptio...

If you have an Advantage account, in Step 4 of the FAQ linked above there are 2 methods to delete the CC information.

If you need additional help, you can phone Customer Support on Monday at the special Advantage phone number.    If you are an Advantage member (annual subscription), log into your Advantage account and scroll down past the FAQ links. Near the bottom of the page you should find a special Advantage phone number to directly contact Customer Support.

If you are not an Advantage member or don't see the special phone number in your Advantage account, use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Or phone general Customer Support on Monday at (800) 446-8848.

I did the same as the original poster and had the same results.  We DID follow the instructions to remove product but the directions to remove credit card information don't work.  When one follows the steps given, there is no delete button for credit card info. as described in the instructions, only a way to edit/add information.  The product has been removed but we want our credit card information removed as well!  I also tried calling the number listed but it's a prerecorded set of options, none of which cover how to do this.

*** Here's the info. for step 4 on the link given in this thread::

4. (Optional) To remove your credit card information you can either:

• Select the My Account page link on the Your subscription has been canceled message or
  • Select Update Personal Info to access screen where you can delete your credit card information.

*** This is what the cancellation email included:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Click the View/Edit link in the Payment Information section.
  3. Click Delete Credit Card.

As mentioned in previous post, I tried to follow both as, apparently, did the OP.  There are no "Update Personal Info" or "Payment Information" tabs, buttons, sections or links to be found.

@gmarie3  Please use this form at the link below to reach TurboTax Customer Support.   It may schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

Where the form asks what product you had been using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Or try this support number:  (800) 446-8848.

Thank you.  I did that, as well, but the lovely person who helped me was not able to help either.  She assured me that they only see the last four digits on their end.  I guess I will just need to be satisfied with that.

relarke
Returning Member

I understand your frustration.  The community keeps sending you back to the instructions that do not work.  I've been trying to delete my CC information as well after I canceled the product.  I wouldn't be surprised if we would have to cancel the CC first before cancelling the product.  When I get a chance, I'll try that and let you know.

So I wasn't going to waste my time calling these **bleep**-waffles. I couldn't delete my CC info either, so I just updated it with a fake card number and deleted my Advantage auto-renewal. That seemed to work.

I'll be using a local tax accountant. Inuit are crooks and have seriously screwed people over by hiding their free option. I couldn't use it since I make more than the free limit allows, but I'm not supporting a company that screws the those who need help. **bleep** Intuit!

Had same experience of asking for updates but no edit to remove CC info pops up. 

kkstocker
Returning Member

Same here. Tried everything as stated, CANNOT delete my credit card info. 

I have TWO Turbotax accounts and it is BEYOND frustrating. I can't DELETE one of the accounts, one says "Welcome back - TWO years using TurboTax..." the other says, "Welcome back - FOUR years using TurboTax..."

I've been using TurboTax fo TWENTY+ years!

Trying to log into the CORRECT account (though clearly my records are hosed) is an absolute exercise in COMPLETE frustration. If I can't MERGE accounts, at least let me DELETE ONE!

And, for God's sakes, LET ME DELETE MY CREDIT CARD INFO WITHOUT HOLDING A GUN TO MY HEAD THAT I HAVE TO PUT IN A NEW ONE!

I used to LOVE TurboTax... I'm starting to DESPISE them!

How can a tax processing company with legitimate security processes NOT allow customer credit card info to be deleted? 

X2 - How can a tax processing company with legitimate security processes NOT allow customer credit card info to be deleted? 

Now this and the bug I experienced last Tax Year is making TurboTax an increasingly unappealing option. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies