On your federal taxes, no. However, some states let you deduct all or part your 529 plan contributions.
To enter contributions you made in 2015 to the Bright Start, or Bright Directions College Savings Pools or to a College Illinois prepaid tuition program (These are the only 529 college savings plans for which you may deduct contributions you made during 2015.), you can see the instructions below.
- Log in to TurboTax Online, or open your TurboTax CD/Download program
- Click Take me to my return
- Click on State Taxes
- Choose to start your Illinois state return
- When you reach that page to report your Illinois income, locate the Education section
- Under Education, locate College savings and prepaid tuition plan contributions and click Start (I have attached a screenshot below to help you locate this area on your screen)
- Enter your contributions as prompted