turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I change my child to full time student? The software offers all of the options for dependency _except_ student when I click through.

I'm in TurboTax Premier and I'm clicking through all of the "edit" options for this dependent and it tells me that my student doesn't qualify because of lack of student status. So where do I change the status to student? I don't see it.

I do not want to create a new return... I'd just like to fix this one!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Where can I change my child to full time student? The software offers all of the options for dependency _except_ student when I click through.

Check the personal information section for the dependent

Right. That's exactly where it doesn't show up. There are "what's your relationship", "tell us about", "tell us a bit more", "marital status", "made $4150?", "not a dependent go pound rocks". Is there some other place I should look?

I created a new child with the same information. Oh. Oops. I had a typo in my info. Now it works!

Are you ok now?  Yes sometimes you need to delete them then re add them to clear something out or find the mistake.

I am OK! I did have to delete and recreate but that showed me my typo which resolved everything!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies