TurboTax should not be asking you about tuition. Go back to the Personal Info screen and make sure you entered 'Someone else can claim xxxx on their tax return'.
See the screenshot.
If you need to delete any tuition related forms, please follow these instructions:
- Open your return, if it's not already open.
- In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.
- Click Delete next to the form or schedule and follow the instructions to remove the form/schedule.
No, if you are not being claimed as a dependent (and you are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent) and you have education expenses to enter, then do not follow the steps above.
Start by going to the Education section of your return using these steps:
- On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
- This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
- The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education”
- Click on the blue “Jump to education” link
Then, if you are not prompted to enter your 1098-T, go through the entire education expenses section of your return until you reach the screen titled “Your Education Expenses Summary”, then follow these steps:
- Click Edit next to the student name.
- On the screen titled “Here’s your Education Summary”, click Edit beside Tuition.
- Enter the information from your Form 1098-T.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post