syahir

Transferred school from foreign country to the US for bachelor's degree and doing master's degree now. Am I eligible for AOTC.

In 2015 I came in the US as a transfer student. I already did my 2 years of college from another country before that, and completed my degree in 2017. So in total I did 4 years, 2 from my home country and 2 in the US.

Right now I am doing my master's degree and I am wondering if I am still eligible for the AOTC.

HelenC12

No, a Master's Degree doesn't qualify for the American Opportunity Tax Credit. It's only good for the first four years of post-secondary education before the beginning of the year.  See Who is eligible to take the American Opportunity Tax Credit?

However, you may be eligible for the Lifetime Learning Credit. See Who is eligible for the Lifetime Learning Credit?

Related informationHow do I enter Form 1098-T?

HelenC12