Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reviewing 2016 taxes

Hi, I submitted my 2016 tax information to my school, but they’re saying there’s an issue with the amounts. They’re saying my 2016 Wages entered was 32,750, by W2 showed 33,529. Is there someone that could review this information for me? I’ve filed an amend but didn’t see a difference. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Reviewing 2016 taxes

No one in the user forum can review your 2016 return, or any return that you prepared. No one else ever has access to your returns or your account.  Only you. You need to review the entries you made by looking at the tax form and at the worksheets that show the income you entered.  You might have made an error in data entry somewhere.

And please explain "I've filed an amend..."   What did you do?  An amended return must be prepared on a Form 1040X and it has to be printed, signed and mailed.  What did you change when you amended?  Did you actually mail it?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Reviewing 2016 taxes

Yes, I had to review everything then print and sign the document. I mailed it off to the address that was on the form, but I haven’t received any response back. 

Reviewing 2016 taxes

@November27 If you mailed an amended return, be aware that it takes about 4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.  If you are getting a refund, they mail you a check.  You will not receive any sort of "response" before that happens.

Wait about 3 weeks and you can check the status of your amended return:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies