turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to enter 1098-T but not finding input section. Then, it tells me that I've already entered -0-. Frustrating!!+

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

I'm trying to enter 1098-T but not finding input section. Then, it tells me that I've already entered -0-. Frustrating!!+

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a screen titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case (click edit next to the school name).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Oh, yes! The zero tuition shows up early and you have to keep going until you are able to edit. If you have numbers in boxes 1 and 5, I am also going to recommend you look at another of my answers for help.  

Follow these steps:

1. Did you pay for books or materials to attend school? Yes
  2. Enter related amounts, tuition will say $0
  3. Continue
  4. Scholarships and Financial Aid, continue
  5. Did you get a scholarship? yes and fill in boxes or no
  6. Continue
  7. screen asking Four Years of College Credit Before 2019? answer yes or no
  8. Continue
  9. Is this First Year of College? answer yes or no 
  10. Continue
  11. Ever Receive American Opportunity or Hope Credit? answer yes or no
  12. Continue
  13. Felony drug conviction? yes or no
  14. Continue
  15. Education Expenses Summary, EDIT

Related:

Qualified Expenses 

Available Education Credits

IRS Q & A about education credits

Tax Benefits for Education: Information Center

About Form 8863, Education Credits

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

Go through the entire education interview until you reach a screen titled "Your Education Expenses Summary".  Click edit next to the student's name. That should take you to a screen “Here’s your Education Summary”. Click edit next to the section you want to change; tuition, in your case (click edit next to the school name).

This worked but I think turbotax could reorder the questionaire. Thanks for both replies!

Manage cookies