I cannot continue my Federal Taxes (QTP)

OK Thanks for letting me know.  I will try again today and see if it helps...

Nope.  Still gives me the error.  The amount for "Qualified tuition program distributions" is correct so I know the math should be correct.  

Intuit?  Can anyone assist me with this?  I would like to get my taxes filed and out of the way....

Your form do not have  item12b to copy from my W2

Where I input item 12b in your form.

Hello Intuit?  Do you monitor these forums?  Can you help me with my issue?

Before proceeding to recheck if the form is ready, please make sure your program is updated and please check that your device meets system requirements.

• For TurboTax Online:
    • Sign out of TurboTax
    • Clear cache & cookies, which in general is done by holding down Ctrl+Shift+Del. Under the Basic tab, clear data for at least 24 hours, but preferably 7 days
    • Close your browser window
    • Re-open TurboTax, preferably in Chrome
  • For TurboTax Desktop:

From the left menu>Federal>Wages & Income>Job (W-2) click Edit/Add will take you to the spot in TurboTax to adjust wages

Scroll down to Box 12. Underneath the first row, click on +Add another row and you can add Box 12b.

The order of entering the boxes for 12a, 12b, 12c etc does not matter. Match the capital letter code to the amount listed. For example, if it says 12a D, then enter D. Make sure the Box 12 Code D matches across to the income listed.

@klouie1881 

I tried to finish my taxes on my phone 02-13-2020. The gentleman told me he could talk me through it, but I had to be in front of a computer.  Today I have access to a computer.

You can schedule a LIVE review by using the link below: 

LIVE REVIEW

Just go to next subject of interest 

I am also experiencing the issue of not being able to e-file because of 1099-Q reporting. I see some of the issues were from folks who filed late January. Has anyone been able to e-file or still waiting for a resolution?

I am having the same issue and was told I would not be able to get a refund. DO NOT enter payment until this is resolved. 

Agreed...I have never had this problem before.  I have cleared my cache, blown away my 2019 form and started over, and still I am getting hung up on form 1099-Q.  

What is so hard about this?  Intuit?  

Hi KathrynG3, 

Thanks for your reply.  

I have done all of this and still cannot move forward.  I even deleted my 2019 taxes and started over...still same issue.  

What is going on?  

Looks like the problem is Turbo Tax cannot reconcile the 1099-Q and the 1098-T.

My wife paid for her Spring college term (2020) in December of 2019.  So her 1098-T has box 7 checked accordingly. 

TurboTax asks me if she was enrolled in school in 2019 and I say no.  She starts school (Master's Degree) for first time in January 2020.  

Somehow, after saying she is not in school in 2019, Turbo Tax removes my wife's 1098-T.  

We cannot be the only people to pay for college in 2020 in 2019.  So, how can TurboTax fix this?