1. Select "Federal Taxes" at the top of the page
2. Select the "Deductions & Credits" sub-tab
3. Scroll down to "Education Expenses" and select "Show More"
4. Select "Start" next to "Expenses and Scholarships (Form 1098-T)"
It will not allow me to enter any school information.
You need to work though the education section the way it is designed and intended to be used. Otherwise, the math *WILL* be wrong. Under the Deductions and Credits tab do whatever you have to do to get that "I'll chose what to work on" button, and click it. Then scroll down to the Education section and click the "Visit All" button and work it through.
I cannot enter tuition. It skips right to books. I have tried many times. Also, logged out and back on. Started back with entering 1099-Q data. Still no prompt to enter tuition
Start by going to the Education section of your return using these steps:
- On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
- This opens a box where you can type in “education” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
- The search results will give you an option to “Jump to education”
- Click on the blue “Jump to education” link
Then, if you are not prompted to enter your 1098-T, go through the entire education expenses section (without entering any information yet) of your return until you reach the screen titled “Your Education Expenses Summary”, then follow these steps:
- Click Edit next to the student name.
- On the screen titled “Here’s your Education Summary”, click Edit beside Tuition.
- Enter the information from your Form 1098-T.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post