turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tas
Returning Member

Can my dependent son's Qualifying Work-Related Education to maintain or improve skills in present work be deductible. Can his parking & transportation be done on my 1040.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Can my dependent son's Qualifying Work-Related Education to maintain or improve skills in present work be deductible. Can his parking & transportation be done on my 1040.

No, job-related expenses for W-2 work can only be claimed on the return of the person filing the W-2.  Since you do not file a dependent's W-2 on your return,  he would only be able to claim these expenses on his own return and only if he qualifies to itemize his deductions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

No, job-related expenses for W-2 work can only be claimed on the return of the person filing the W-2.  Since you do not file a dependent's W-2 on your return,  he would only be able to claim these expenses on his own return and only if he qualifies to itemize his deductions.

Manage cookies