My school reported wrong information on my 1098-T and will not issue a new form. Can I use the actual values as reported in my student account instead?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My school reported wrong information on my 1098-T and will not issue a new form. Can I use the actual values as reported in my student account instead?

The scholarship information listed is current, however the tuition total is not. Additionally, I paid over $3,500 of my own funds in tuition costs and there's no where for that either. What do I do?
1 Reply
Level 15

You claim the tuition credit, or report scholarship income, based on your own financial records, not the 1098-T. In the 1098-T screen, click on the link "What if this is not what I paid the school" underneath box 2. You will then be able to enter the actual amounts paid. 

Your entry should include the $3500 you paid plus what the grants paid

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings